Skip to main content

Eco-Retreat in Hawthorne at Luther Springs

Aug 31, 2018 02:49PM ● By Martin Miron

via Luther Springs on Facebook

Luther Springs Camp and Conference Center will host a God's Work/Our Hands Day from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., September 8, for youth groups, men’s groups, women’s groups, congregations, families and individuals. Projects include clearing trails, chopping wood, painting, cleaning, sorting and organizing or a special building project, with lunch provided. Overnight accommodations are available.


Located just south of Gainesville, Luther Springs Camp and Conference Center offers programs year-round for children, youth, adults and families. Five air-conditioned cabins and 18 hotel style rooms make Luther Springs a destination for all ages. Meeting space for up to 125 is located in several spaces, enabling opportunities for breakout meetings. Visitors will enjoy the trails, the pool, archery, group interaction, large fields and more in a unique setting in the heart of Florida.


Luther Springs Camp is a camp and conference center of the Florida/Bahamas Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America—a year-round ministry that offers an extensive summer camping program that includes on-site programs for first through 12th grade youth, confirmation camp for confirmands, and fun for all ages with the Grands program. Campers participate in crafts, swimming, singing, campfires and more.


In addition, Luther Springs offers retreat rental opportunities from August through May, including youth retreats, women’s fellowship retreats, environmental education retreats and family weekends, among other retreat opportunities. The site is also available for rental by individuals or congregational and school groups. Staff can help create a custom retreat with food service, lodging, meeting space and adventure activities.


Luther Springs depends on volunteers working with dedicated members of the staff to fulfill its mission. Camp registration fees charged to children and youth cover 80 percent of the cost of camp for each camper. Charitable gifts, as well as support from synods, congregations and grants keep the camp affordable and cover the remaining 20 percent of camper expenses.. Some youth need financial assistance in the form of camper scholarships to go to camp, and no one is turned away due to financial hardship.


Location: 264 Vause Lake Rd. Hawthorne. For more information, visit

Octobers's Digital Magazine!
Global Brief
Health Brief